I haven’t really explored cover albums before, but I found a few interesting ones recently that I’ve enjoyed very much. This is the first.
Of particular interest to Westcoast fans will be The Little River Bands ‘Reminiscing’, Paul Davis’ ‘I Go Crazy’ and probably ‘I’d Really Love to See You Tonight’ previously performed by England Dan & John Ford Coley. Having said that, Barry has also covered Leo Sayer, Michael Johnson and Firefall here so there is much to enjoy.
All the tracks are performed in Bazza’s usual bombastic, over the top style, with a modern twist much of the time, but he’s been wily enough to choose tracks that suit his approach, which makes for an enjoyable album. See what you think.
Producer: Barry Manilow & Michael Omartian
Keyboards: Barry Manilow, Michael Omartian, Tim Akers
Synthesizer: Barry Manilow, Blair Masters, Michael Omartian, Tim Akers
Piano, Electric Piano, Synth: Michael Omartian
Electric Guitar: Dann Huff, Jerry McPherson
Acoustic Guitar: Biff Watson
Guitar: Mike Brignardello, Tom Hemby
Bass: Jimmie Lee Sloas, Mike Brignardello, Tom Hemby
Drums: John Hammond, Paul Leim
Percussion: Eric Darken
Backing Vocals: Bonnie Keen, Chris Rodriguez, Marty McCall, Michael Mellett
- Summer of ’78
- Interlude: Love’s Theme (Barry White)
- Reminiscing (Little River Band)
- I Go Crazy (Paul Davis)
- When I Need You (Leo Sayer)
- The Air That I Breathe (Albert Hammond)
- Bluer Than Blue (Michael Johnson)
- We’ve Got Tonight (Bob Seger)
- I’d Really Love to See You Tonight (England Dan & John Ford Coley)
- Sometimes When We Touch (Dan Hill)
- Never My Love (The Association)
- Just Remember I Love You (Firefall)
Support the artist and Buy It!